Natural Calamities Relief
We serve God by serving others
The first and foremost principle of Noida Lok Manch is that when we fail to serve the people and ignore their needs, we fail to serve the Lord. Noida Lok Manch always comes forward for the service of the needy people through a vast and extensive net-work of volunteers and social workers to ensure that its social activities are undertaken in a most efficient and cost effective manner.
A friend in need is a friend indeed. Noida Lok Manch always stand by the side of the people at the time of calamities and crisis. It rendered a yeoman service at the time of natural disaster. It has extended its help to the unfortunate victims of the following natural calamities:-
- Uttarkashi Earthquake (28th March, 1999)
- Kargil War (May-July, 1999)
- Orissa Cyclone (Oct – Nov. 1999) - Material consisting cereals, pulses, rice, Atta, clothes etc. of 46 (Forty Six) trucks were dispatched for the affected victims.
- Bhuj Earthquake (26th Jan 2001) - After rendering necessary help to the unfortunate Orissa Cyclone victims, the Managing Committee of Noida Lok Manch felt that before any material or physical support is provided to the affected victims of Bhuj, a Team of Experts should visit the affected place and identify the areas where urgent help is required. Accordingly, a Team of Experts consisting Dr. Mahesh Sharma, Dr. Narendra Gupta and Shri Mahesh Saxena, General Secretatry of Noida Lok Manch visited Bhuj and after detailed survey, established a temporary 15 bedded hospital with necessary medical facilities to the victims.
- Nagapatnam Tsunami (26th Dec 2004) - After survey by our Team of Experts, it was decided to send food items for 1000 victims for three months.
- Accordingly along with bed sheet, beds, sarees, shewing machines and food articles for 1000 victims for three months were dispatched with our team of volunteers.
- Bihar Floods (11th Sept. 2009) - Trucks consisting ration for 1000 victims for 15 days along with sarees, shawls, bed sheet, clothes for children were dispatched along with our Team of Experts within 15 days of the mishap.
- Uttarkhand Disaster (June, 2013) - two trucks of rations with sarees, bed sheet, shawls etc. were dispatched to Rudraprayag along with our Team of Experts. The then DM of Rudraprayag allotted Noida Lok Manch two villages i.e. Village _ Parkhandi and Mansuna of the District for imparting necessary computer training. Noida Lok Manch set up Computer Centres in these two villages for the Youths for their skill development and employment opportunities. Follow up in this direction is going on.
- Kashmir Disaster (September, 2014) - Two trucks with full ration along with medicines were supplied to the victims for 2 months through our team of volunteers.
- Nepal Earthquake (April, 2015) - Four Homoeopathic Doctors along with necessary medicines were deputed for the help of the victims. Two trucks full with rations and clothes were dispatched to Kathmandu along with our team of volunteers. The volunteers performed all the desired works without any honorarium/remuneration.
- Evening meals are provided to the ill people admitted in the District Hospital, Noida.
- Blankets and clothes were distributed toi the needy and jhugi-jhonpri people of Noida.
Login here to reply on this comment. Login